This notice is in response to the recent COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
With the increasing concern about Coronavirus, we wanted to share changes we’re making to minimize the risk of our church family being affected by this illness during regularly scheduled services and events.
First, we are requesting individuals who are at high risk to postpone attendance:
- If you, or a member of your household, have traveled to an affected country outside the US, we request that you postpone your attendance to a date after the 14-day recommended quarantine period.
- If you, or a member of your household, are experiencing any cold/flu-like symptoms (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat), we request that you postpone your attendance until you/they have been fully recovered and the symptoms have subsided.
- We consider high-risk individuals to include those who are elderly and/or have a compromised immune system.
Second, we are requiring the following guidelines:
- No handshakes/fist bumps. No handshakes/fist bumps. We will post signs discouraging handshakes. Our greeters will also be instructed not to shake hands with anyone, so please do not be offended if they turn down any extended hands.
- Be cautious when sneezing or coughing. The CDC advises covering your mouth or nose with a tissue or your sleeve, not your hands (you never know if a fellow attendee has a compromised immune system).
- Wash your hands often (especially after coughing or sneezing) with soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) and use hand sanitizer. There are sinks in every restroom for handwashing. Please be prepared for lines and a wait.
Third, our service changes are the following:
- Buses will not run on March 29 or April 5. This is a preventative measure to reduce the risk of community spread.
- Service limitations: There will be a 10-person maximum in every service. You may participate in the locations designated at the church or watch via Livestream. See the link below
- Nursery: The nursery will be canceled. Every parent is responsible for their children.
- LiveStreaming will be available for every scheduled service. Please go to nebclive.org to watch all the services.
- Church giving is available through Venmo. If you would prefer, please feel free to do any giving through our Venmo church account.
We hope this helps ease any potential concerns. Thank you for your cooperation.